Click here for CV
- Computational Health Data Scientist (Dec 2017 – )
- Postdoctoral Associate (Feb 2015 – )
- Research Assistant (May – Nov 2014)
- Dept. of Information Engineering, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Mentor: Prof. Dah Ming Chiu
- Student Intern (May – Aug 2007) , Bell Labs Research India
- Ph.D. (Aug. 2008 – Apr 2014) – Influence Dynamics on Social Networks
- Dept. of ECE, Indian Institute of Science
- Advisor: Prof. Anurag Kumar
- B.E. (Aug 2004- Jun 2008) – Dept. of ECE, College of Engg. Guindy
- Final Year Project: Relay Selection for Cooperative Diversity in Wireless Networks
- Stochastic processes
- Agent-based modeling
- Differential Equations
- Optimization and Optimal Control
- Network Science
Srinivasan Venkatramanan, SichaoWu, Bowen Shi, Achla Marathe, Madhav Marathe, Stephen Eubank, Lalit Sah, A.P. Giri, Luke Colavito, Nitin S, Sridhar V, Asokan R, Rangaswamy Muniappan, George Norton, and Abhijin Adiga, Towards Robust Models of Food Flows and Their Role in Invasive Species Spread , accepted to appear in IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE Big Data), 2017. [Slides]
Farzaneh Sadat Tabataba, Milad Hosseinipour, Bryan Lewis, Foroogh Sadat Tabataba, Srinivasan Venkatramanan, Dave Higdon, Jiangzhuo Chen, and Madhav Marathe, Epidemic Forecasting by Combining Agent-Based Models and Smart Beam-Particle Filtering Framework, IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM) short paper, 2017.
- Venkatramanan S, Chen J, Gupta S, Lewis B, Marathe M, Mortveit H, Kumar VS Anil (2017) Spatio-temporal optimization of seasonal vaccination using a metapopulation model of influenza, IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI) 2017.
- Wu Yan, Srini Venkat, and Dah Ming Chiu, Get To the Top and Stay There: A Study of Citation Rank Dynamics in Academia, Proceedings of the 25th International Conference Companion on World Wide Web (BigScholar), 2016.
- Abhijin Adiga, Srinivasan Venkatramanan, Anil Vullikanti, To delay or not: temporal vaccination games on networks, IEEE INFOCOM 2016.
- Wu Yan, Srinivasan Venkatramanan and Dah Ming Chiu, Research Collaboration and Topic Trends in Computer Science – An Analysis Based on UCP Authors, SAVE- SD (WWW’15 Companion), Florence, Italy
- Qiu Fang Ying, Srinivasan Venkatramanan and Dah Ming Chiu, Modeling and Analysis of Scholar Mobility on Scientific Landscape, BigScholar (WWW’15 Companion), Florence, Italy
- Srinivasan Venkatramanan, and Anurag Kumar, Competition for Content Spread over Multiple Social Networks, presented at SCINSE, co-held with COMSNETS’14, Bangalore, India. (Best presentation award) [Slides]
- Eitan Altman, Parmod Kumar, Srinivasan Venkatramanan, and Anurag Kumar, Competition over Timeline in Social Networks, SNAA, co-held with ASONAM’13, Niagara Falls, Canada. [Slides]
- Srinivasan Venkatramanan and Anurag Kumar, Co-evolution of Content Popularity and Delivery in Mobile P2P Networks, INFOCOM’12, Orlando,FL. pdf, [Slides]
- Srinivasan Venkatramanan and Anurag Kumar, Information Dissemination in Socially Aware Networks Under the Linear Threshold Model, NCC’11, Bangalore, India. [Slides]
- Srinivasan Venkatramanan, Bryan Lewis, Jiangzhuo Chen, Dave Higdon, Anil Vullikanti, Madhav Marathe, “Using data-driven agent-based models for forecasting emerging infectious diseases”, accepted to appear in Elsevier Epidemics, 2017.
- Farzaneh Sadat Tabataba, Prithwish Chakraborty, Naren Ramakrishnan, Srinivasan Venkatramanan, Jiangzhuo Chen, Bryan Lewis and Madhav Marathe, “A Framework for Evaluating Epidemic Forecasts”, accepted to appear in BMC Infectious Diseases, 2017.
- Wu Yan, Srinivasan Venkatramanan and Dah Ming Chiu, Research collaboration and topic trends in Computer Science based on top active authors, PeerJ Computer Science 2:e41, 2016.
- Srinivasan Venkatramanan and Anurag Kumar, Co-Evolution of Content Spread and Popularity in Mobile Opportunistic Networks, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing 13(11): 2498-2509, February 2014
- Wu Yan, Srinivasan Venkatramanan, Dah Ming Chiu, A Population Model for the Academic Ecosystem, arXiv:1503.08312
- Srinivasan Venkatramanan and Anurag Kumar, Influence Spread in Social Networks: A Study via a Fluid Limit of the Linear Threshold Model, arXiv:1405.7096
- Srinivasan Venkatramanan and Anurag Kumar, New Insights from an Analysis of Social Influence Networks under the Linear Threshold model, arXiv:1002.1335
- Resource optimization problems using a mathematical model of influenza, presented at the 6th Annual MIDAS Outreach Conference, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, November 2017
Hybrid models for ecological and anthropogenic drivers of pest invasion: Case study of Tuta Absoluta in Nepal, presented at International Conference on Biodiversity, Climate Change Assessment and Impacts on Livelihood, Kathmandu, Nepal, January 2017
- Towards an Integrated Network-based Approach to Modeling the Dynamics of Invasive Plant Pests, to be presented at KDD 2016 Workshop on Data Science for Food, Energy and Water, San Francisco, August 2016 [Paper]
- Modeling in the Time of Ebola: Using HPC Simulations to Understand Infectious Disease Dynamics, talk given at IISc. Bangalore and IIT Madras, February 2016
- Ebola Forecasting Challenge: Team Virginia Tech, talk given at NIH/RAPIDD Ebola Forecasting Challenge workshop, Bethesda, February 2016
- Calibration and Forecasting Framework for Infectious Diseases, poster presented at International Symposium for Next Generation Infrastructure (ISNGI), Washington D.C., September 2015
- Influence Dynamics on Social Networks , Thesis Colloquium, Apr. 2014 video
- Delay-Cost Optimal Coupon Delivery in Mobile Opportunistic Networks ,
- Indo-US Workshop on Machine Learning, Game theory and Optimization, IISc., 2014
- High Dimensional Network Analytics Workshop, Department of CSA, IISc., 2013
- Spread of Content and Interest in Mobile Opportunistic Networks,
- Intl. Conference on Networks in Biology, Social Sciences and Engg, IISc. 2012
- Department Student Colloquium, ECE, IISc, Dec. 2012
- Information Dissemination in Social Networks under the LT model, Workshop on Recent Trends in Social Networks: Algorithms, Models and Learning, held at TIFR, Mumbai, Jan. 2011
- Influence Spread in Social Networks, poster presented at Techvista organized by Microsoft Research, Bangalore, Jan. 2010.
- How to Give a Technical Talk?, NDSSL Seminar Series, Aug. 2016
- Evolution of Cooperation – Winners Don’t Punish, Game Theory course presentation, IISc, Spring 2010.
- Why SNA? A Network Engineer’s Perspective , survey talk given at the ECE Department, IISc Bangalore, Jan. 2010.
- AccuWeather Helps Brands Get Ahead of the Flu with Application of Virginia Tech’s EpiCaster Outbreak Projections, Accuweather Press, Nov 28th 2017
- Virginia Tech Flu Forecasting Technology to be used by Accuweather , WSLS, Dec 6th 2017
- Scientific Modeling Helps Defend Tomatoes Against Flying Foe , Feed the Future Newsletter, Jan 31st 2017
- Runner up – BDMM2017 Hackathon (Medi-Sieve: Towards Healthcare Fraud Detection), co-held with IEEE BigData 2017, Boston, Dec 2017
- Among top 3 teams (representing Virginia Tech) in NIH/NSF RAPIDD Ebola Forecasting Challenge, Sep-Dec 2015
- 6th out of 225 teams (with Harish Guruprasad) – Event Recommendation Challenge – Kaggle.com, Feb 2013
- Runner up – NTL Robot Challenge – NASA Tournament Lab and Topcoder, June 2012
- Kingsley Nwosu – Undergrad intern (Summer 2017)
- Asia Taylor – Undergrad intern (Summer 2017)
- TPC: COMSNETS 2015, COMSNETS 2016
- Reviewer: IEEE TMC, IEEE TIT, Elsevier TCS, PLOS Currents: Outbreaks
- Organizing Committee
- Indo-French Workshop on New Avenues for Network Models , IISc. 2014
- ICTS School and Workshop on Network Science in EECS, IISc., 2012
- Workshop on Introduction to Network Science, IISc., 2011